Monday, December 21, 2009

Trust Your Vibes....

An aspect of life that intrigues me, and one that I am immersing myself in with full abandon at the moment, is intuition...

The reason I LOVE this mystical, magical, often unexplainable sense of knowing, is because at the times in life that I trusted my gut, despite what the logical and rational mind may have said or thought about something/someone, things worked out incredibly well...in fact almost perfectly....

Some of these moments have been what you may term "turning points" in my life...very significant personal experiences that have paved the path of my life until now and lead me to a place that is so in tune with my hearts desire that I could not have mentally conceived of such a perfect plan....

It has been at the times when I have let go of the need to know, control, understand, be right, etc that I have been gracefully lead into some amazing moments that have truly awakened me to my true self. Some of these times have been times of crisis, where I've thought, "Well I just don't know what to do here"....Truly dark times where I felt I may in fact be annihilated... despite my UTTER FEAR at these times, I have let go and given the reign to what you might term the Universe....a higher power....I've simply had FAITH...

In any case, my intention for this post today is to share with you an example of how life flows when we do let go...when we simply follow our vibes, no matter how crazy they may seem...

Yesterday morning was like any other..I started early (as I LOVE the MAGIC of mornings) and I completed my choices, did my written guidance and felt then it was time to go for my run...

I NEVER normally take money with me, as any other runners out there know, running without interruption is the intention! :)

Anyway...my vibes told me to take money...if I needed to I could stop for a drink and some more gum (one of my running essentials!)

With that I popped a $5 note in the back pocket of my running shorts and forgot about it...

About 7-8km into my run, I was back at Hastings St Noosa, and I got the VIBE that I should STOP...not sure why...but I trusted, and did so.. I went into the 7 Eleven and grabbed a bottle of water and some gum...I then proceeded to take my time...again very strange for me...I had a browse in the yet unopened Goddess store, admiring the bathers and mentally choosing a pair I might like! (girls are hopeless! lol)

I then decided to walk...yes I had LOTS to do and mentally I thought I should hurry up and get home...I let go of that and re-immersed myself in the joy of walking and admiring all the wonderful scenes around me...

I was then guided to cross over the road...weird as I ALWAYS walk on the same side (I am a HOPELESS creature of habit as those close to me will attest to!)

As I walked along, there was background mental chatter about how I should be hurrying up and why was I dawdling and Brad will wonder where I am...etc

I again ignored it and listened to the more steady and calm knowing of simply walking and sharing my smile with passer-by's...

At a certain point I had to cross back over the road, so I did...nevertheless my attention was drawn, more than usual to the other side...I took in what was over there...glancing over every now and then..

At some point I casually took in a silver car pulled over, a cyclist and some other pedestrians....I looked back in front of me and then I heard it....an incredible SMASH!!!

I looked back over to the car....I saw the cyclist smash into the back of the car, and then fall down to the road...

My mind couldn't really process what was going on.. I looked and thought, "No, he'll get up...he's fine..." I looked and looked but no he did not get up...he did not move from where he fell...

Countless people stopped and ran to his aid...the girls in the car ran out screaming...hysterical....

As i got closer i could see it was serious...my mental chatter said, "Keep going it's ok, there are people there helping, it'll all be fine..."

My gut and inner knowing said calmly, "Go to the driver"...

So with that I found myself walking over and directly to the young girl who was driving the car....I wasn't sure why I was doing this and had no idea what to expect...

Soon enough it became apparent...she was in massive need of someone....everyone else was busy tending to the cyclist and this girl really needed someone...someone to calm her, to reassure her everything was alright...

I comforted her, I settled her, and together we sat, away from the cyclist...I looked into her beautiful, incredibly scared eyes...and just stayed with her....not too many words...just a few calming ones here and there of reassurance...

It was all she needed...

Her friend, the passenger, was way too hysterical to be of any help. The poor thing was out of her mind with fear and panic...I did my best to also calm her as well, however I knew I was there for the driver...I simply stayed with her and kept calm...stroking her arm and just being there...

After not too long, the ambulance arrived...I felt it was ok for me to go...so I gave over my details and told her to call me if she needed anything...She looked straight into my eyes and thanked me so much for being there...

As i walked away I got chills all over my body...thinking over the mornings weird vibes; following directions that were WAY out of my usual way of doing things...as I thought over it I got more and more chills...I knew I was in alignment with my inner guidance system...

VERY BIZARRE....but awesome!

When I got back to my car about 30 minutes later I decided to go back and just check everything was ok and to see if a witness was needed.

By that stage there were police attending the scene and the cyclist was finally being loaded into the ambulance to be taken to Nambour...

From what I could ascertain, he was ok...serious facial issues, and a mangled arm...but definitely ok :)

I gave my statement to the officer, again gave my reassurance to the driver and off I went...

WOW....the power of TRUSTING YOUR VIBES...

All I ask you to consider today is....

Where are you listening to or ignoring the inner guidance you are receiving and what is showing up for you as a result...??

Are you listening to that incessant mental chatter that always seems to HAVE TO KNOW; to have to CONTROL; to have to do things in a CERTAIN WAY always, just because that's how it's always been done....and logically and mentally it MAKES SENSE..???

Or do you give credit and power to the part of you that at times seems crazy....crazy, but calm...that undercurrent of inner calm....very gentle yet firm in its knowing....

If you are not attentive and present, the mental chatter will easily drown out that wise part of you...the part that just knows better but has NO IDEA why....

As long as life is busy, routine and rigid the MIND will win over...it will run the show thinking it knows better and life will continue to be stressful, strained, confusing and energetically exhausting!

You may miss those incredible moments of synchronicity where unbelievable things happen...you meet THE ONE...you find THE PLACE...you get that DREAM JOB...just by chance..by being in the right place at the right time...by saying something off-handed...something you may not usually say...

Only when you let go...make room for things you love...down time...when you give time to exploring what is WITHIN you....only then will you start to hear that inner knowing...

And life, my friend, becomes MAGICAL....

Give some time and consideration this holiday period to how you may make more time in your life for YOU....more time to just CHILL...indulge in nothing and simply LOVE who you are and the space you are in...

Yes, it takes time, practice, patience and continual, never-ending self discovery....but it is SO worth it!

Spend more time and give more attention to what lies within...you will discover some amazing treasures...you are after all...MAGNIFICENT!!

To your genius! ;p

xxoxooxo

BridgetJane
Food Body Lifestyle Guru
Writer, Speaker, Consultant
www.newleafnutrition.com.au
http://bridgetjaneguru.blogspot.com
http://bridgetthompson.blogspot.com
http://bridget-jane.blogspot.com


Mob 0421332243
Sunshine Coast, QLD

"Your health is everything...Discover your TRUE health potential"

3 comments:

Annie.Infinite said...

HI Bridget great post! I love using my intuition and the few times in my life I have ignored it and tried to do the 'logical' thing I have usually regretted it. When I allow my intuition to guide me )most of the time)life just flows and I always seem to be in the 'right' place at the right time.

Karen C said...

Hi Bridget, awesome post thank you so much for sharing it .... time for ME these holidays and to get in contact with my intuition - I need to listen and reconnect.

Mary said...

Food for thought.
Trust and faith.
We all need to be better listeners.